1. Name and contact data of the processing controller and of the company’s data protection officer
These data protection notices apply to data processing by:
Vogeler Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaft mbB
D‑30173 Hannover, Germany
Tel: +49 (0)511 – 27 04 65 60
Fax: +49 (0)511 – 27 04 65 99
The data protection officer at Rechtsanwälte Dres. Vogeler can be reached at the above address, attn: Frau Caroline Karwot, or by email to .
2. Collection and storage of personal data, as well as the nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When visiting our website www.ra-vogeler.de, information is automatically sent by your end device’s browser to our website’s server. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. In the process, the following information is collected without any action on your part and then stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of day of access,
- name and URL of the accessed file,
- website from which access was made (referrer URL),
- browser used and, in some cases, operating system of your computer, as well as the name of your access provider.
These data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring that a connection to the website can be established smoothly,
- ensuring that use of our website is convenient,
- evaluating system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for processing the data is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest has do with the above-listed purposes for data collection. In no event do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your identity.
b) When using our contact form
If you have any kind of question, you can get in touch with us by using the form provided on the website. To do so, you must provide a valid email address so that we know who is making the enquiry and can respond to it. Additional information may be provided voluntarily.
The processing of data for the purpose of contacting us takes places in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily provided consent.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form are automatically deleted after your enquiry has been dealt with.
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data are not transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed in the following.
We disclose your personal data to third parties only if:
- you have expressly given your consent to do so in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) GDPR,
- disclosure in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) GDPR is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
- in the event that a legal obligation exists for the disclosure in accordance with Article 6(1)© GDPR, or
- this is legally permissible and, in accordance with Article 6(1)(b) GDPR, is necessary for performing contractual relationships with you.
Information is stored in the cookie that relates to the specific end device being used. However, this does not mean that we obtain direct knowledge of your identity through the cookie.
Cookies help make it more convenient for you to use our site. For instance, we use session cookies in order to recognise that you have previously visited individual pages on our website. These cookies are automatically deleted when your leave our site.
In addition, also for the purpose of optimising user-friendliness, we use temporary cookies, which are stored for a specified period of time on your end device. If you visit our site again in order to make use of our services, it is automatically recognised that you had previously visited us and which entries and settings you made so that these do not have to be entered again.
The data processed by cookies are necessary for the aforementioned purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us and third parties in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are stored on your computer or that you always are prompted before a new cookie is placed. Complete deactivation of cookies may however mean that you will be unable to use all features of our website.
5. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures described in the following and used by us are carried out on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. We use these tracking measures in order to ensure that our website is designed to meet user requirements and is continually optimised. We also use tracking measures in order to compile statistics about the use of our website and to optimise our offering for you. These interests are to be considered legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data-processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics
In order to meet user requirements and continually optimise our website, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, U.S.; hereinafter, “Google”). In this regard, pseudonymised usage profiles are created, and cookies (see Section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website, such as
- your browser type and version,
- the operating system that you are using
- referrer URL (of the previously visited site),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of day of the server request,
is transferred to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there. The information is utilised in order to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports about website activities, and to provide other services associated with the use of the website and the internet for the purposes of market research and designing this website to meet user requirements. In addition, if necessary, this information is transmitted to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process these data on our behalf. In no event is your IP address combined by Google with other data. IP addresses are anonymised, meaning that no attribution is possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by configuring your browser software accordingly. However, please be aware that in such case it may not be possible to use all features of this website to their full extent.
In addition, you can prevent the capturing of the data generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, including in the case of browsers on mobile end devices, you can also prevent capturing by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie is placed that prevents the future capturing of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie works only in this browser and only for our website and is placed on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will need to place the opt-out cookie again.
Further information about data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found, for instance, in Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
ii) Google AdWords conversion tracking
In order to compile statistics about the use of our website and to evaluate use for the purpose of optimising our website for you, we also use Google conversion tracking. In the process, Google AdWords places a cookie (see Section 4) on your computer in cases where you reach our website through a Google advertisement.
These cookies loses their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages on the website of the AdWords customer and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognise that the user clicked on the advertisement and was redirected to this site.
Each AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be tracked across the websites of AdWords customers. The information obtained with the aid of conversion cookies is used to compile conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have elected to use conversion tracking. AdWords customers learn about the total number of users who clicked on their advertisements and were redirected to a site furnished with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information that can be used to personally identify users.
If you do not wish to participate in the tracking procedure, you can refuse the placement of a cookie required for this purpose, such as by configuring your browser to generally deactivate the automatic placement of cookies. You can also deactivate cookies for conversion tracking by configuring your browser in such a way that cookies are blocked from the domain www.googleadservices.com. You can find Google’s data protection policy about conversion tracking by visiting https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html.
Our website uses Google reCAPTCHA to check and prevent automated servers (“bots”) from accessing and interacting with our website. This is a service provided by Google Inc., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Irland (hereinafter: Google).
Through certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield www.privacyshield.gov/list
Google guarantees that it will follow the EU’s data protection regulations when processing data in the United States.
This service allows Google to determine from which website your request has been sent and from which IP address the reCAPTCHA input box has been used. In addition to your IP address, Google may collect other information necessary to provide and guarantee this service.
The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in the security of our website and in the prevention of unwanted, automated access in the form of spam or similar.
Google offers detailed information at https://policies.google.com/privacy concerning the general handling of your user data.
6. Rights of the data subject
You have the following rights:
- Pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, to obtain information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can obtain information about the purposes of the processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the existence of the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing and to object, the right to lodge a complaint, and the source of your data where they are not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about it;
- Pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data stored by us or, where they are incomplete, to have them completed;
- Pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of personal data stored by us, unless processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful but you oppose their erasure, we no longer need the data but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- Pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, to receive the personal data that you provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format or to obtain transmission to another controller;
- Pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR, to withdraw at any time the consent that you granted to us. This means that we may no longer continue with the data processing on which such consent was based; and
- Pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. To do so, you can normally write to the supervisory authority responsible for your customary place of residence, for your workplace, or for the offices of our law firm.
7. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, then pursuant to Article 21 GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or where the objection relates to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we must implement without a particular situation needing to be specified.
If you would like to make use of your right to revoke consent or your right to object, please send an email to .
8. Data security
During website visits, we use the widespread SSL (secure socket layer) procedure in conjunction with the highest level of encryption that your browser supports. Normally, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we instead employ 128-bit v3 technology. You can recognise whether individual pages on our website are transmitted in encrypted form by the locked depiction of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
In addition, we make use of suitable technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, total or partial loss or destruction, and unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in keeping with technological development.
9. Version and amendment of this Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Policy is currently valid in the version of May 2018.
If our website or offers on it are enhanced, or if statutory or regulatory requirements should change, it may be necessary to amend this Data Protection Policy. The current version of this Data Protection Policy can be viewed and printed out by you at any time by visiting https://www.ra-vogeler.de/datenschutz.